Sunday, January 23, 2011

Patagonia Nano Puff Pullover




images from sonnietrotter, utahoutside, thesternscoop, respectively

Outdoor outfitter Patagonia's designs lean towards the conservative, mainstream side, e.g. fitted jackets for women, loose-legged pants for men, and blandish undergarments, while occasionally pandering towards their more stylish and old-school fans with the re-introduction of retro fleece like the boxy Classic Retro-X line. But where did the Nano Puff, introduced in 2009, come from? I recently spotted a college kid wearing this baggy sack while enjoying a burger at Hopdoddy, and thought to myself, "that is one ugly puffy pullover." And my finds (see above) while searching for images in the wild solidifies my opinion. It features elastic at the bottom and creates the illusion of muffin top, even if you are clearly fit. And the women's version has a boxy, faux-feminine cut with its way too roomy sides and arms. Yet the majority of the reviews state that it is amazingly light, warm, waterproof, and is so convenient that it stuffs into its own chest pocket. And did I mention that I have a soft spot for ugly outdoor gear? I really do. I wear my appallingly furry Mountain Hardwear Monkey fleece like the 80's never left. The collar truly does fold down in that unsightly manner, even though you want it to stand up.
image from planetfear

So, I'm very intrigued by the Nano Puff Pullover as a winter staple, and from the looks of the Web Specials section, so are a lot of other people. I smell a future classic in the works.

Handmade? No
Made in: Vietnam

$104.30-$149

No comments:

Post a Comment