Monday, November 1, 2010

Fidelity by Gerald and Stewart Duffle Coat

straight off a navy ship. image from penelopes

Let me start by saying that I am not a huge fan of toggle coats or slim-fit outerwear for women. Yet this simple duffle coat jumped out at me and snuggled its way onto my wishlist. The brushed gray wool is so lovely, reminding me of the stuff of the Birkenstock Davos Clog and byrdandbelle's felt cases. The jute rope is a nice touch, and the roomy fit is classy, but not masculine. It truly is my definition of the perfect cut for a short winter coat. Funny enough, both Fidelity and Gerald and Stewart have very lo-fi websites, adding some enticing mystery to the collaboration. See Commerce with a Conscience's post on the men's long version.

Made in: USA
Handmade? No

$268

No comments:

Post a Comment